Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mrs. Myra's



The first thing anyone says when they find out where we live is ask if we have tried Mrs. Myra's BBQ. I think it is about 5 miles from our house and, it seems, everyone in Birmingham loves it. So, after 6 months of being here, we finally went. We just spent the last 6 1/2 years in Memphis, so I am expecting The Commissary, Corkeys, Central BBQ or something similar. Needless to say, Mrs. Myra's isn't Memphis BBQ. However, it was good and the white sauce was something new. The people there were so nice and when they found out it was our first time into the store, they wouldn't let us order until we had a sampler platter of everything on the menu. Charlotte Anne had her first ribs and loved it. They even gave her a bowl of green beans for free, which she ate 1/2 and the other 1/2 ended up on their floor. :)



Thanks, Mrs Myra's. We miss you Commissary. I never liked Corkeys, but I kinda miss you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment