
Our team is crossing the finish line in Nashville!
We did it - 196 miles from Chattanooga to Nashville in 27ish hours. Go team Overconfident and Undertrained!! We met some awesome people - thanks Dallas family for getting us hooked up! This is one thing I thought we would cross off the bucket list and vow never ever to do it again. However, as everyone said, it is completely addicting! You run a lot, drive a lot, wait a lot, sleep a little (or none) and yet it is a blast!
You can see how foggy it was outside. I could only see about 6 feet in front of me - a little scary for my first ever night run
It was so cold - I'm going to say freezing. I think that L and I just weren't use to the cold mountain air from around Chattanooga. burrr. L was the runner right before me in the relay, so every time he passed the slap bracelet (yep, hello 1990!) off to me, he also passed the earmuffs and gloves!! :) Most of our team was from Memphis, but we had people as far away as Washington state. If I ever sorta thought I was a 'runner'... I quickly learned that I am no such thing compared to the rest of the team. However, I tried my best and ran one of my 5.5 mile legs at a 8:33 / mile pace - my personal best!! Luke is speedy, so we won't mention how great he did.
The only downside was that with both Luke and I running... we drove from Bham to Chattanooga and then ran to Nashville. So, our car was still in Chattanooga. Ooopps. So, we rented a car to drive back to get our car and drove back to Bham after the race. I should really say that we did all of that after only about 3 hours of sleep in 48 hours. We barely made it - thanks for a great husband that somehow can drive completely exhausted!
Overall, this was such a fun experience. We recommend it to anyone looking for something a little different with a group of awesome people!

So proud
ReplyDelete