Monday, May 7, 2012

homemade


Everyone knows that I am not much of a cook. I like to cook and I make a huge breakfast (eggs, grits, toast, muffins or something like this) at least 5 days week. However, at night, L and I like a small dinner.  If I cooked a salad, meal and dessert, I think we would take 1 bite and be finished.  So, that definitely takes the fun out of it.

BUT, in the new house, I have been making / testing out some great new recipes.  Poor L has had to suffer through some bad choices (jalapenos, chicken salad and guacamole don't mix on a sandwich... I learned my lesson).  However, he has also had some really good food to make up for it!

For Easter brunch with the Chandler family, I made a homemade caramel cake and strawberry cupcakes.  I was determined that it would be fresh, so I got up at 5:15 to start this cake.  I think there were like 20 ingredients and I made a mess, but it was really sooo good!  It was ready to go at 8:45... with 15 minutes to spare for me to get completely ready for church! :)
100% from scratch caramel cake and homemade icing. I got up at 5:15 am to make this fresh for Easter!

Strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese icing

No comments:

Post a Comment