| The fished were keep in this little tub while the pond was being cleaned |
When L and I moved into the new house, there was a pond outside with 4 fish. The waterfall had the most beautiful sound - so peaceful to hear every time you walk outside. However, I knew it was only a matter of time before our 3 dogs killed those fish. We realized that we can shut the pond off from the dogs, so the fish could live in peace. Neither L nor I planned on keeping these fish or the pond. Just seemed like a mess. However, after about 3 months, we realized that we were completely hooked. Charlotte Anne LOVES feeding these little guys every day. I have some strange attachment (go figure) to the fish too.
So, it was settled... we were keeping the pond. Then, the pump broke. This wasn't a fixable break... it was BROKEN beyond repair... seriously?? So, we were panicked... not wanting to spend money, but not wanting our fish to die either. Luke put a 6 year old fish tank pump in the pond to keep the fish alive for a week until we could get some help. L started calling around and people wanted $1000 to clean the pond and even more for a pump. My fond affection of the fish was quickly evaporating. I've got too many things on my wish list to spend $1500 on some fish. Thank goodness I have a resourceful husband because he found a new pump on line for $200 and a guy to clean the pond for $250... it was still expensive, but nothing like we thought we had to pay!! Yea!!!!
No, we can actually see the fish in the pond (I didn't even know it was dirty until it was cleaned) and the fish. Charlotte Anne has learned to really through the food in the middle of the pond so the fish will get it! We have loving named our fish: Nemo, Pedro, Speedy and Rocket ship.
So, it was settled... we were keeping the pond. Then, the pump broke. This wasn't a fixable break... it was BROKEN beyond repair... seriously?? So, we were panicked... not wanting to spend money, but not wanting our fish to die either. Luke put a 6 year old fish tank pump in the pond to keep the fish alive for a week until we could get some help. L started calling around and people wanted $1000 to clean the pond and even more for a pump. My fond affection of the fish was quickly evaporating. I've got too many things on my wish list to spend $1500 on some fish. Thank goodness I have a resourceful husband because he found a new pump on line for $200 and a guy to clean the pond for $250... it was still expensive, but nothing like we thought we had to pay!! Yea!!!!
No, we can actually see the fish in the pond (I didn't even know it was dirty until it was cleaned) and the fish. Charlotte Anne has learned to really through the food in the middle of the pond so the fish will get it! We have loving named our fish: Nemo, Pedro, Speedy and Rocket ship.
| This was probably 1/3 of the junk pulled out of the bottom of the pond. |
No comments:
Post a Comment