After 10 years, I finally went back to VHHS - Go Rebels!! I have no idea why I waited so long to go back... I think I never really had a reason. But, with my niece in the 11th grade, I was determined to get to a pep rally to watch her dance. When I pulled into the parking lot, I realized that almost nothing looked and felt the same. I got confused in the parking lot and then almost ran into a student. Thank goodness I found my sister in the lot because the "new" gym where the pep rallies didn't exist 10 years ago. I mean... the newest "old" gym was build when I was a junior. So, my new gym is now the old gym. Anyway, you get the point. I was getting a little bit overwhelmed by all of the changes, then about 1 minute into the pep rally, I realized that the important things hadn't changed a bit. The teachers still had the same speeches, each class was still dressed in this week's theme (though Harry Potter Homewood and P90X the Patriots were new!), and the small town fell was still there!Charlotte Anne seemed to love every second of it. She did have a diaper explosion 5 minutes into the visit... Nothing like changing a very stinky and messy diaper on the floor of a high school bathroom. Thank goodness I packed a cute spare outfit - something I almost never do! Charlotte Anne even got her picture with the Rebel man! So cute! Maybe now is a bad time to say that all of the houses we are currently looking at are in Mountain Brook!




Thanks for coming Katie! CA loved the pepralli, even squealed at the appropriate times....Hannah loved having you and CA there. Hang on to the baby years...in a blink of an eye, she will be participating in a pepralli. They grow up way too fast. So ,enjoy those diaper explosions. Love you. Come again....soon.
ReplyDelete