Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Busted - Lima Beans

Anyone who knows me, knows that the only thing I refuse to eat is Lima Beans. Ugh, they are just gross. However, being the good mom I am... (or at least I dream of being)... I wasn't going to allow CA to develop some strange resistance of a little bean. I started giving them to her and she actually ate them. She eats almost anything, so I wasn't too shocked. However, the dreaded lima bean??!!??

Well, I realized that she wasn't just eating them, she was scarfing them down. I kinda puffed up and thought... yep, perfect baby... eats everything. After about 3 days of eating lima beans, I realized that Don Juan was really in tune to CA's eating schedule. When she went into the highchair, he sat at her feet. So, I gave Charlotte Anne her beans and turned around to fix the rest of her meal. She gave me a big smile and then when she thought I wasn't looking, she started hand feeding Don Juan her food - one bean at a time so it wouldn't be so obvious. NOOOOOO!!!! I was duped by an 11 1/2 month old.
Now, I sit 3 feet from her and watch her eat every last bean.

No comments:

Post a Comment