After Cruce de los Andes, Luke and I went 3 hours South to one of our favorite cities in the world: Bariloche. This place is relaxing, beautiful and has one of my favorite hotels, Llao Llao. The plan was to do absolutely nothing + get a massage. However... somehow Luke talked me into going paragliding. I didn't even know what paragliding was until we went and I know that I would have said no if I realized what I was agreeing to. Thankfully, I went because it was awesome. Our legs were like jello which wasn't a good think considering you have to run to get started, but we made it work. We went hundreds, maybe even thousands, of feet in the air above the famous lake in Bariloche. The flight only lasted about 45 minutes, but it was worth it. I thought I would have been scared to death, but it was surprisingly calm and peaceful. Bucket list item #2 - check!
This probably only weighted 15 lbs, but after the race, I didn't think I could do it. I am sure the paragliding guys thought something was wrong with me because I couldn't walk straight and I kept stopping to rest. :)
Wow, how fun. But I can appreciate how tired you were.
ReplyDelete