Monday, October 17, 2011

1st AU game


What a fabulous day on the plains! It was Charlotte Anne's 2nd time to Auburn - 1st time to the game. For the first time in a while, we really had no idea how she would react. The good news is that she did GREAT!!

The day started with an awesome brunch with some of the best people. Not that we ever forget - but all Luke and I could do was talk about how lucky we are to have such great friends! The group dynamics have changed as we have gotten older. Adults still out number kids, so we haven't lost the battle yet. :) Big thanks to Bo & Molly! We love the house by the way!!
Luke was determined to park far enough away to avoid traffic after the game. I guess in a town like Auburn you can never really get too far away.... but we did park about 1/3 mile past Momma Gs away from the stadium. Though I really do want to complain, his plan was perfect and we got out of Auburn without any traffic at all.

We made our way to tiger walk (where I changed a stinky diaper, holla!) and did a little tailgating. Man, I really love Auburn. We got into the game - with a ticket for an 8 month old. We were a little short for space when we got to our seats, but at least they were good seats. CA played a little, slept a little, ate a little and squirmed a little. She wasn't scared by the yelling or the music... she just watched everything that was going on. I think it helped to have some familiar faces around - yea for the Clays!

I had already decided that the day was a huge success and then the best part happened... Auburn won!! War Eagle!! 17-6 over Florida! 5-2 for the year. No too bad Tigers!!!

I doubt we will make it back to another game this year, but we will never forget Charlotte Anne's first Auburn game!!

No comments:

Post a Comment